Dear colleagues,
Please see the call for papers below and contact the organizers if you are
interested. Note the March 30 deadline for contacting them.
Best,
Nicola

Toon Van Hal (KU Leuven) and John Considine (University of Alberta) hope to
organize two sessions on post-medieval Latin writings on the comparative
study of languages at the next congress of the International Association
for Neo-Latin Studies, which will take place

at Uppsala from 2-8 August 2009.

The papers given in these sessions would lend themselves to publication in
book form, with supplementary contributions from colleagues who had not
attended the conference.

We would be very glad to hear from colleagues who would be interested

in joining us at Uppsala, or in contributing to the published collection we
have in mind. Uppsala is a very pleasant city (and of course the home of a
great library, and of very interesting comparativistic work in the
seventeenth century), and the IANLS conference is a most enjoyable one.
However, participation in the conference at Uppsala depends on the
communication of session proposals, with participants' names and abstracts,
to the organizers by 31 March, so if you would like to join us there, we
would need to hear from you before 30 March. If you would be interested in
contributing to the published collection, then we would of course be very
glad to hear from you as soon as possible, but the deadline is not so
pressing. In either case, emails to <[log in to unmask]> will reach
us both, and will be very welcome indeed.