thanks
i was aware of 2 and 3. tortuous (and bizarrely variable regionally for the perfomer's list) but in hand fortunately.
adrian

On 06/03/2008, Fay Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Adrian
I may have missed other responses to this but:

1. Re Indemnity - you will need to check with your employer what will be
acceptable to them and it will depend on the details & what they will
cover you for. You could look at the offerings of the UK indemnity
organisations and send it to your provider so they can compare.NB UK
providers are not all the same! If this doesn't work I believe the MPS
has a policy that you can switch on and off as you come and go so you
only pay for what you need. They also function in Aus so you would be
able to find out.

2. It is obligatory to be on a PCT performers list otherwise you are
working unlawfully and the practice is in breach of its contract. This
can take some time as you have to have a CRB (police) check so better
get onto it asap if not already done. I know a chap in NZ who goes to
and fro and has it all sorted if you want a contact.

3. Are you still registered with the GMC? You also have to be on its GP
register to practice as a GP in the UK. More red tape but again best to
get onto it sooner rather than later.

Fay