Hey Sergiu,

This program was recommended by the Philips list, it extracts the bvecs from the Phillips par/rec files:

CATNAP
http://iacl.ece.jhu.edu/~bennett/catnap/catnap.shtml

Suzanna

On 2 Mar 2008, at 15:31, S. Groppa wrote:

Dear list,

http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/~jfarrell/software_web.htm

here some useful information on DTI, par rec format and bvecs.

hope it helps

greetings

Sergiu

am Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2008 um 19:22 schrieben Sie:

Hi Sergiu,

Are you using a Philips scanner for the par/rec files?  If so you can
get the bvecs from the scanner.  I don't know if they're encoded in
the par/rec files.  You b values will relate to your images, so if
you had 32 directions at b=10000 and 2 b=0 images, this forms your
bvals file (obviously the order needs to match the bvecs).  Also, as
a reminder, don't forget to normalise your bvecs, it tells you how to
do this in the FAQs on the FSL website.

Suzanna