Yes, thanks for the answer, now that I think of it it was a pretty silly question, but I just was following the directions in the randomise webpage without really understanding the background… Stefano

From: Reza Salimi [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] tfce through fslmaths

Hi Stefano,
I can't clearly understand your question, but think this might be the answer you are looking for
TFCE image is not like z_stat image for which you have a default null distribution,
so you need to have your null distribution generated and do a (voxel-wise) non-parametric test to assess the statistical significance of your image,
one way of doing it is to use randomise and making the distribution of max_tfce over each fake image and then calculating the p-value for each voxel in your observed (real) image,
Best, Reza