I have a question for Tim Behrens regarding the 2003 paper on thalamic segmentation.

Were the cortical masks used also as termination masks in that paper?

Do you think that prescribing the cortical masks as termination masks would make much of a difference in terms of thalamic segmentation?

My concern is that, even with loopcheck, if the seed and target roi are fairly large, as in this case, a lot of recursive tracts could be created, possibly changing the attribution of a thalamic voxel (with find the biggest) from one mask to another.  Should I bother about this or not in your opinion?

Stefano Marenco, MD

NIMH/GCAP

Building 10, room 4S235

10 Center Drive