Hi Stefano,
I can't clearly understand your question, but think this might be the answer
you are looking for
TFCE image is not like z_stat image for which you have a default null
distribution,
so you need to have your null distribution generated and do a (voxel-wise)
non-parametric test to assess the statistical significance of your image,
one way of doing it is to use randomise and making the distribution of
max_tfce over each fake image and then calculating the p-value for each
voxel in your observed (real) image,
Best, Reza

--
G. Salimi-Khorshidi,
DPhil Student in Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)