Yvonne,

Set-level inference is not available in FSL, I suspect because it is rarely
used (people usually require inference on *where* there is an activation).

That said, you can use the inferences provided in FSL to make such a summary
measure.  For example, the minimum corrected P-value (either voxel-wise or
cluster-wise) is a summary of the strength of activation that you could use
to compare different statistic images.

-Tom

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Yvonne Brehmer <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> I would like to compare two groups in their overall activity level
> independent of brain region. I guess that the set-level is the
> correspondent
> level to look at in SPM. How can I get this information in FSL?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Yvonne

Thomas Nichols, PhD
Director, Modelling & Genetics