Dear Colleagues

Apologies for any cross-posting. I am writing to remind that the early
birds reduced registration to the First European Conference on
Unsaturated Soils (to be held in Durham, UK 2-4 July 2008) will be open
until 4th April and, after that date, the full registration rate will be
payable. Further details on registration fees are available in the
"Registration & Fees" section of the conference website at
http://www.e-unsat.dur.ac.uk

Note that we are expecting more than 130 delegates. So, if you intend to
register as a "live-in" delegate and take advantage of available
accommodation at the conference venue, I would suggest that you register
as soon as possible given that accommodation at the conference venue is
limited.

Researchers and practitioners without submitted contributions to the
conference are also very welcome to attend this event, which will
undoubtedly provide a useful forum for learning about this growing area
of geotechnical engineering and for interacting with the major players
in the field. We are pleased to announce that the opening lecture on
case histories will be delivered by the ISSMGE TC6 Chair Prof E. Alonso
from UPC (Barcelona) and there will also be three key note addresses in
the areas of constitutive modelling, environmental engineering and soil
testing delivered by Prof A. Gens from UPC (Barcelona), Prof L. Laloui
from EPFL (Lausanne) and Prof P. Delage from ENPC (Paris) respectively.
All contributions accepted for publication in the conference proceedings
will be scheduled for presentation in one of the conference sessions. At
least one author for each contribution will therefore be attending the
conference and presenting the work to the audience.

The broad theme of the conference is the engineering behaviour of
unsaturated soils, covering a range of soil categories including
expansive soils, collapsible soils, natural soils, compacted soils,
residual soils, arid soils, pyroclastic soils, rockfill materials and
fractured rocks. Technical contributions from both academia and industry
will be presented during the conference under the five sub-themes of
Advances in Testing Techniques, Engineering Behaviour, Constitutive
Modelling, Numerical Modelling and Case Studies.

Looking forward to meeting you in Durham.

Domenico Gallipoli
On behalf of the E-UNSAT Organizing Committee

Dr Domenico Gallipoli
Senior Lecturer
Department of Civil Engineering	   Tel:	+44 (0)141 330 3927 (direct)
University of Glasgow		   Tel:	+44 (0)141 330 4077 (secret.)
Oakfield Avenue, G12 8LT	   Fax:	+44 (0)141 330 4557
Glasgow, United Kingdom		   Email: [log in to unmask]