Dear Colleagues,

I would like to organize a panel for the next LASA-Latin American Studies Association Congress to take place in Rio de Janeiro in June 11-14, 2009. My own work would be on the Latin American participation in international urban institutions such as the International Federation for Housing and Planning and/or the IULA-International Union of Local Authorities (now GCLG-Global Cities and Local Governments after IULA merged with other institutions to become GCLG). In case I do not find enough candidates for a panel of this kind I will propose a more conventional one on Latin American Cities.

In short, the panel/s can be on

Latin America and International Institutions and/or

Latin American Cities

The deadline for proposals is March 28 (we only have nine days) so please send a title and/or idea to me as soon as possible in case you are interested so that we put abstracts together and submitt the proposal/s.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Joel Outtes
Rowan University