"inevitable cultural cross-currents that need to be sorted out"... a current (and respectful) demand for RDA in some similar way it was (perhaps) for AACR2 in 1978? Computer systems in general are to inspire a sense of freedom today so that sometimes it would be needed more time for people to reach an expected focus on specific issues as the ones intended here. I hope the already established Wiki platform would be a valuable help in this process. I also hope discussions would help professionals to better manage the next steps of these important calaloguing / library management developments. Best Wishes, Samuel.

Date:    Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:42:09 -0500
From:    "Diane I. Hillmann" <[log in to unmask]&YY=22115&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: expressions, works, and dates

Corey:

Yes, that's the general idea.  I think the difficulty arises because
Karen and I are trying to herd the discussion towards the more
practical
issues of Group I entities that we're focusing on right now, and
nobody's particularly inclined to be herded today ... :-)  Plus there's

the inevitable cultural cross-currents that need to be sorted out ...

Diane

DC-RDA automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

Topics of the day:

1. expressions, works, and dates (19)