Following on Christos' mention of Kafka, and keeping with his literary  and existential theme, may I also suggest Samuel Beckett's  play 'Waiting for Godot' (1953) ...

Regards,

Charles

Dr. Charles Travis
Assistant Professor
Department of Geography and Anthropology
Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro NJ 08028
U.S.A.

Tel: (Office) 856 256 4500- ext. 3978
       (Cell)   856 472 0241

-Research Partner: Border Narratives Project 'A Literary Atlas of Europe'
 Towards a Geography of Fiction [
http://www.literaturatlas.eu/index_en.html]