 I am still waiting for Nigel Thrift to critically comment on the relevance and usefulness of New Regional Geography to understanding local conditions in the 'developing' world! This was something he promised in the first paper on the topic in Progress in Human Geography.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Dereka Rushbrook <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:00
Subject: Re: the politics of waiting

The final chapter in Jean-Francois Bayart's "Global Subjects: A
political critique of globalization," is "When waiting is an urgent
matter," (with a section on "Global Godot") with attention to the
bio-politics/bio-power of detention, migration, camps, etc.

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour at http://info.aol.co.uk/homepage/ now.