Toys for crystallography: Maybe this could be filed under the same category as Johnny Chung Lee's Wii Remote projects a number of people here have mentioned about (though this certainly isn’t as cool as his “Minority Report” gloves or "fake" 3D-glasses)!

Still, if Apple has it's way, in a year or two the iPod Touch will be as common in the science lab as an iPod is now. I suspect that if someone hasn't already, a LIMS will be adapted for hand held computers.

P.S: From the log file, I’ve noticed a number of people trying this out on non-iPhone browsers. If you’d like to try it out on a non-iPhone/Pocket-PC computer, I would recommend using the following URL as it’s got a few more features (and a larger screen layout):

http://www.pageforaday.com/xtalwizard/fixed_order.php

(sans "-i")

Cheers!