Hi,

I have a protein with two independently folded domains. I can express either one in bacteria with pretty good expression yield. However, when I put them together with a linker, the expression drops significantly. I can barely see any soluble protein and most of it is now inclusion bodies. I used the same bacteria strain and expression/purification conditions. Is it normal? Any suggestion about how to improve? Many thanks.

Best,
Chen