Hello everyone,

I am working on the structure of a protein-DNA complex with 2 mol/ASU.
Data are to 2.8A and the symmetry appears to be orthorhombic (P212121;
a=42.280 b=113.340  c=134.670) I solved the structure by moleculare
replacement using the coordinates of the protein in phaser. I got
relative good density for the DNA and started building for the DNA for
one protein molecule and gave the model back to phaser. The statistics
for the solution are very good (RFZ=16.7 TFZ=27.8 PAK=0 LLG=820 RFZ=14.9
TFZ=42.9 PAK=0 LLG=2215 LLG=2215). My problem is now that the ends of
the DNA strands of the two complexes in the asu are crashing by
overlapping almost perfectly as well as with the symmetry related
molecules. So instead of beeing able to fit in a 15mer, which was used
in the crystallisation, I only can fit in maybe an 8mer (which is also
not making really sense DNA-sequence wise). I tried reindexing to klh
and lhk but same problem.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sabine