Dear All,
I am working with a Bifunctional protein of molecular weight ~60 kDa.
I have a 3.3 angstrom native dataset.  The matthews number show there are 6 molecules in the asymmetric unit.
The structures of the individual domains are already known from prokaryotes. The sequence identity with the known structures are about 30%.
I have tried molecular replacement using the two parts as models respectively with CNS, MOLREP, PHASER etc. However I always get the solution for one domain. I have also tried to fix that domain and find the other one. But none of the programs can find a solution.
I am trying to model build the correct sequence of one domain using a density modified (using CNS), NCS averaged (using RAVE) map but the map does not look very good. The side chains are not clear. That might be due to the fact that I am only having a partial model.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ms. Anjali Mehta