Hello,

When I click on 'Apply' in the Directories & Project Directory window, I get
the following error:

ERROR saving parameters to file /Users/Kat/.CCP4/unix/directories.def

Has anyone else encountered this error? I installed CCP4 on a MacBook Pro
running Leopard using fink. This error always occurs, except in one
mysterious instance today, but only to hang in refmac. I checked, but there
is no .CCP4 folder in '/Users/Kat/'. When I tried to create one myself, OS X
wouldn't allow me to do so according to some rule that folder names can't
begin with periods. I am getting the impression that CCP4 is buggy on OS X.
Any information on avoiding these problems and getting CCP4 to work?

Thank You,
Kurt Padilla

on the behalf of:

Kathleen Frey