I'm trying to generate a mask around a molecule using NCSMASK under the
CCP4i interface, for ultimate use in NCS averaging and density
modification in dm. Being a little old-fashioned I wanted to check that
it covered the required molecule. However when displayed in COOT, there
seem to be arbitary flat slabs running through the mask, with some sort
of inversion or other transformation on the other side of the slab. The
mask has a similar appearance in the CCP4mg. The flattenings are
parallel to cell edges, and sometimes, but not always adjacent to cell
faces.

Is this a known problem ? is it NCSMASK ? or is it COOT and CCP4mg ?

Laurence H. Pearl PhD FMedSci

Professor of Protein Crystallography and Section Chairman
Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research
Chester Beatty Laboratories, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB
Phone +44-(0)20 7153 5422 : Secretary 5443 : FAX 5457
"Live Simply and do Serious Things .. "
 - Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.