Hello all,
I apologize for the off-topic post. I have a problem with Coot being
unable to read the space group from the CRYST1 line in the PDB file.
Although the space group is specified correctly, Coot seems unable to
read it. It reads the unit cell dimensions and angles just fine - it
seems to have a problem with just the space group.
I use coot 0.4-pre-2 running on OS X Leopard on a Powerbook G4. The
same PDB opens just fine on a Coot 0.4-pre-2 running on Redhat Linux
Enterprise 5.

The terminal window shows the following message when the pdb is opened:

PDB file ABCD.pdb has been read.
No Spacegroup found for this PDB file
Cell: 55.76 118.43 122.38 107.8 98.36 91.4
!! Warning:: No symmetry available for this molecule
No Symmetry for this model
Molecule 0 read successfully

Has anybody else come across this problem?

Thanks!
Pavan