We are very pleased to announce the schedule for the next CRSN.  We hope you can join us; details of how to reserve a place are below.

Caribbean Research Seminar in the North

An Interdisciplinary Research Seminar on the Caribbean and its Diaspora, in association with the Society for Caribbean Studies

Funded by the Joint Initiative for the Study of Latin America and the Caribbean (http://www.jislac.org.uk <http://www.jislac.org.uk/> )

Nottingham Trent University

Clifton Campus, GE219

Friday, 25th April 2008

2 pm - 5.30 pm

Seminar Programme

1.30    Registration

2.00    Introduction

2.10    John McLeod, Reader in Postcolonial and Diaspora Literatures, Leeds University

British Freedoms: Caryl Phillips, Simon Schama, and the staging of Rough Crossings

3.00    Break

3.15    Shalini Puri, Associate Professor of English, University of Pittsburgh

Cultural memories of the Grenadian Revolution

4.05    Break

4.20    Jason Toynbee, Senior Lecturer in Media Studies, Open University

Translating Jamaica: Bob Marley's performance of reggae as rock

A reservation will be made for dinner at a nearby restaurant for those who wish to join us after the seminar.

For further information, to book a place at the seminar and for dinner at a local restaurant, please contact:

Dr. Clare Newstead
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Direct line: 0115 848 3105
Department:  History, Heritage, Geography

Registration (including lunch) is free. A limited number of bursaries to cover the costs of travel within the UK are available for postgraduate students attending this event. To apply, please email Diana Paton ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ) stating your topic and giving the name and email address of your supervisor. We may contact your supervisor to confirm your status.

Clare Newstead
Lecturer in Geography
School of Arts and Humanities
Nottingham Trent University
Clifton Lane, Nottingham
NG11 8NS
Ph: +44 115 848 3105
Fax: +44 115 848 6385

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping with good computing practice.