A new Local History Librarian for Islington Local History Centre

Islington Heritage Service is looking for an experienced librarian or archivist to oversee the day-to-day running of its busy Local History Centre.

The Centre has a mixed collection of archive material documenting the development of this important London borough. There are also special archive collections relating to Sadler’s Wells Theatre and artist Walter Sickert.

Your role will be to assist the Local History Centre Manager in developing, preserving and enhancing access to these collections.

In addition to a library or archive qualification, or significant and demonstrable experience of working in these fields, we are looking for a special individual who will

This role requires an ability to think across the library, archive and museum domains, as you will be working closely with the new brand new Islington Museum, which is opens in Spring 2008.

Closing date for applications: 31st March 2008.

For more details and an application form go to the Apply for a job section of the Islington Council website: www.islington.gov.uk

If you would like an informal discussion about the job, contact Martin Banham on 020 7527 7989.

Martin Banham
Local History Manager
Customer Focus
Library and Cultural Services
Islington Council
Islington Local History Centre, Finsbury Library, 245 St John Street, EC1V 4NB

Tel: (020) 7527 7989
Alternative contact: Local History (020) 7527 7988

www.islington.gov.uk

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged; please note however the information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail.

Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by London Borough of Islington.

If you wish to re-use the information, perhaps for commercial purposes, in a way which, without permission, might breach our copyright, please first read our policy on Re-use of Public Sector Information which can be found on our website http://www.islington.gov.uk/Council/CouncilStructure/Access_to_Information/FreedomofInformation/ReUsingInformation/  or alternatively e-mail [log in to unmask]

Contact Islington switchboard: +44 20 7527 2000 www.islington.gov.uk