From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">wendy carruthers
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 5:18 PM
Subject: ID guide for mineralised plant remains

Thanks for all the encouragement, especially to Gill Campbell who has been talking me into this. And thanks, Bas, for the reference.

If I manage to get funding I will be asking around for mineralised material to describe, draw and/or photograph, so I’ll get back to you all.

Re: the plum skins, Wendy. I have found the whole range of Prunus fruit structures preserved, from the kernel, to stone fragments, flesh and skin. More resistant tissues like pea testa & fruit skins tend to accumulate in faeces, often rolled up like bran, once the flesh has been digested away.

Including the fly puparia is a good idea, thanks, Ruth. I’ll have to talk to David Smith & see if he wants to help me out with this section.

Thanks again – I’ll keep you posted,

Wendy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.