Thanks for all the encouragement, especially to Gill Campbell who has been
talking me into this. And thanks, Bas, for the reference.

If I manage to get funding I will be asking around for mineralised material
to describe, draw and/or photograph, so I'll get back to you all.

Re: the plum skins, Wendy. I have found the whole range of Prunus fruit
structures preserved, from the kernel, to stone fragments, flesh and skin.
More resistant tissues like pea testa & fruit skins tend to accumulate in
faeces, often rolled up like bran, once the flesh has been digested away.

Including the fly puparia is a good idea, thanks, Ruth. I'll have to talk to
David Smith & see if he wants to help me out with this section.

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted,

Wendy