Thanks Mel this was great info

Angeline.

________________________________

From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melanie Landells
Sent: 19 March 2008 14:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Trade Unions and Where They Sit?

Hi,

As there seems some interest in this issue I am replying to the list.

We have TU reps on all our equality committees, up to two on the main one and on the sub-committees. I attach the structure for our main E&D Committee and you will see that we also have three sub-committees for the positive duties. The TU reps are expected to feedback to their colleagues on the Joint Consultative Committee, the main committee for TU and employer dialogue.

The E&D sub-comms have reps from across the university's functions to report back on the action plans as well as general members from the equality groups, so act as consultative forums as well. FYI the Senior Management Team is all members of chancellery and the deans and divisional directors. The E&D Committee is chaired by a member of SMT and three other SMT members also sit on it in their own capacities.

The E&D Committee retains a direct link to the Board of Governors for governance purposes, but in practice Schemes and Policies go to SMT first before I present them to the Board.

Do get back to me with any further queries.

Best wishes,

Mel

Melanie Landells

Head of Equality and Diversity