We have had this request and installed it locally in our labs without too much issue. We do not recall any firewall issues, although something needed to be done to get it to work with an authenticating proxy, but that is only in place on our staff VLANs. We do not block outgoing packets as a rule. The need for administrator rights to install the updates certainly got us at first but this has not come up again. I have asked the particular team working on this if they have managed to work around this but am awaiting a reply. We have not attempted a TS install. It seems a good idea, especially to overcome the frequent updates.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but hopefully it is useful to know that others have seen this request.

Ian

Dr Ian Bland, CEng, MIET

Systems Operation Manager

School of Systems Engineering