-----Original Message-----
From: Support issues for windows in UK HE & FE
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Rochford
Sent: 04 February 2008 11:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Supplementary question re delivery of applications to
student desktops

Just as a "for info" because a couple of people have mentioned VNC, we
push this out as two MSIs. The first writes the necessary registry keys
so that the password is set for the service and the second uses the
Windows Installer Wrapper Wizard
(http://www.vinsvision.com/Articles/tabid/66/EntryID/15/Default.aspx) to
run a silent install of VNC.

I did the first bit because I hadn't twigged how to add the registry
entries using an MSI on its own; I suspect you could do it with just one
MSI with a bit of playing :-)

Steve