From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Tony Delahunty
Sent: 06 February 2008 16:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VLES] VLE Accessibility standard wanted

Is there an accessibility standard we can point to as our benchmark to
aspire to for our VLE?   We'd like to find or create a standard that we
can run checks against every so often and thereby measure our ongoing
compliance.

There's the Moodle Accessibility Specification (under development) that
the OU is leading on -
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Accessibility_Specification :  we can
try to use that or elements of it, but it doesn't seem to have been
updated for some while now, and nor does it seem to have the benefits of
simplicity.

There's the W3C's own HTML markup checker - http://validator.w3.org/ -
and the validator which I note moodle.org refers itself to, which gives
an instant compliance report.

Any other standards, tools or validators any of you are using or can
recommend?

Anyone know if there's convergence on standards other large websites can
point to?

Regards,  Tony

Tony Delahunty
E-Learning Development Coordinator
College of North West London

020 8208 5200
W - GG08

Tony Delahunty
E-Learning Development Coordinator
College of North West London

020 8208 5200
W - GG08

go by default to the entire list. Access the list via the web on
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/vle.html To unsubscribe, email
[log in to unmask] with the message: leave vle