Posted on request - apologies for any cross-posting:

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to let you know that the Summer Institute on Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction will be held at the International School for Humanities and Social Sciences at the  Universiteit van Amsterdam from July 13- 26, 2008.
The Summer Institute offers students of various disciplines and professions a great opportunity to advance their knowledge in the field of addiction studies in an international environment. The Institute is an intensive two-week summer programme that seeks to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the study of addiction and to promote opportunities for international networking among participants.

The Institute welcomes individuals with a focused interest in addiction research and treatment, Master’s and PhD students, NGO staff working on addiction-related issues, professionals in human services, practitioners, and advocates.

We expect a 2008 class of approximately 15 students. The Institute's classes are intensive small group seminars with discussions, excursions, faculty lectures and guest lectures by prominent people in the field. We will be able to provide CEUs for most counselors as well as course credits for students.

The scientific director is Helen Levine, and this year’s faculty includes Dennis McCarty, Lala Ashenberg Straussner, and Mirjam Schieveld. Applications must be addressed to the Universiteit van Amsterdam at the address below. You can visit our web site:

 http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction

for further information or to download an application form.

Please feel free to share this information.

Sincerely yours,

Helen Levine,
Mirjam Schieveld

Summer Institute on Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction
International School for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam

Postal address
Prins Hendrikkade 189-B
1011TD Amsterdam
The Netherlands
phone: +31 20 525.3776
fax: +31 20 525.3778
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
Department of Applied Social Science
University of Stirling

E: [log in to unmask]

T: 01786 - 467737

W: http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=4 (home)

W: http://www.drugslibrary.stir.ac.uk/ (library)

--

The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA. Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to anyone and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.