Dear Nikos,

as Satoru already mentioned his NS-toolbox reports the results in RESELs while my VBM5-toolbox
reports the corrected cluster-size k. I have decided to report the corrected the cluster-size k to
minimize the changes for defining and reporting the cluster-statistic in SPM. Thus, the k-values
will differ, but the p-values for both approaches will be very similar. The small difference in the
p-values might be caused by the slightly different computation of the local smoothness (Satoru is
using fmristat from Keith Worsley).
The local distortion due to non-stationarity might also affect the AAL results (mainly the
percentage of voxels belonging to a VOI). However, this will only affect the results if local
smoothness deviates inside a cluster. This might be true, but the deviation of local smoothness
will be much larger between the different clusters and the deviation inside a cluster might be
negligible.

Best,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computational Neuroscience
Department of Psychiatry
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
Jahnstrasse 3, D-07743 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-934752	Fax:   ++49-3641-934755
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de