Dear List,

I am collecting 123-I FP-CIT SPECT and structural MRI scans in a group of
subjects, and would like to coregister these two images. The goal would be
to apply the normalisation parameters from the structural MRIs to the SPECT
images, bringing the SPECT images into MNI space and allowing VBM-type
analyses on these images.

Given that these SPECT images have a very limited resolution (the signal is
mainly present in the striatum), I wonder whether a SPECT template is of
much use. Rather, I was thinking to collect both scans while subjects wear
(4) different markers, which I could use to manually coregister these
scans.

Does anybody have / know of software which allows manual coregistration of
two images on the basis of markers? Or are there better ways to do this job?

Many thanks for your advice!

Greetings, Rick Helmich