Dear Shaquanda,

it seems like you're not using the appropriate template to normalize your images...
The cost function for the normalisation procedure is based on the sum of square of differences between voxel *intensities*. If the images contrast is different, you cannot directly compare their intensity.
The template you've selected is clearly the T1 weighted MRI, while your image looks like a T2. You should thus retry with the T2 template.
And, also make sure that your image is +/- aligned with the template before normalising. If not, adjust your image orientation manually through the display tool and 'reorient images' button.

Best,
Chris

Shaquanda Jones a écrit :
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear SPMers,

My functional images are ending up twisted after spatial normalization (see attached photo). I am pretty perplexed as to why this is happening and what I can do to trouble shoot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Christophe Phillips, Ir, PhD
F.N.R.S. Research Associate

Cyclotron Research Centre, B30