Dear Hong,

The method in this paper were implemented in SPM96 but was dropped from subsequent versions as it was not as flexible as the other RFT methods (i.e. it only worked for Gaussian images).

SnPM, the nonparametric toolbox for SPM, has the ability to give you 'combining inferences', combining cluster size and height (as was offered in SPM96), but, even better 'cluster mass', the integral of the statistic values above the cluster-forming threshold.  There is some work (Bullmore et al, 1999, IEEE TMI 18:32-42; Hayasaka & Nichols, 2004, NI 23:54-63) that suggests that the cluster mass test is more powerful than cluster size or joint-cluster-size-height.  We're also working on a RFT version of cluster mass [ http://www.bepress.com/umichbiostat/paper76/ ] which should eventually be available as a SPM toolbox.

-Tom