In my belated attempt to acquaint myself with something of sixteenth century English attitudes toward Catholicism, I have run across brief references to those who, having lived in former times, were not exposed to the newly recovered truths and were necessarily deluded by the false. My memory is that the feeling was that some accommodation would be made so that those departed fathers, mothers, grandmothers and grandfathers would not suffer for beliefs they had grown up with.

Could someone refer me to such references?

Jim Broaddus

--
Retired, Ind. State.Univ.
2487 KY 3245