> Dear all,
>
> Apologies in advance for any cross posting.  Please note a message
> below from Marion Samler, seeking papers for a special issue of ALT-J.
>
> ==========================
> Dear all,
>
> ALT is seeking paper submissions for a Special issue of our ALT
> Journal (ALT-J).  Details are as follows:
>
> LEARNING AND TEACHING IN IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL WORLDS A special issue of
> ALT-J, Research in Learning Technology
>
> Immersive virtual worlds (IVWs), such as Second Life, Active Worlds,
> Croquet and Forterra and massive multi-player games (MMPGs), such as
> EverQuest and World of Warcraft represent a paradigm shift in learning

> technology, and an important challenge to the world of education. The
> aim of this special issue of ALT-J is to develop and publish a timely
> collection of papers representing current research, developments and
> ideas in educational applications of IVWs and MMPGs. Of particular
> interest are papers that go beyond descriptions of objects and
> activities to build links between practice and pedagogy, and offer
> conceptual, methodological and analytical rigour.
>
> Full details of how to submit can be found at:
> http://www.alt.ac.uk/callforpapers_altj_ivw.html.
>
> For queries and guidance relating to the call please contact:
> Robert Ward [log in to unmask]
> or
> Maggi Savin-Baden [log in to unmask]
>
> Important dates:
> - Until 22 February 2008: Submission of abstracts and formal/informal
> response from Special Issue Editors.
> - Submission of full papers: 31st March 2008.
>
> Kind regards
> Marion
>
> --
> Nana Asante, Projects Administrator
> Association for Learning Technology
> Telephone:  +44 (0) 1865 484405
> Fax:  +44 (0) 1865 484165
> --
> Gipsy Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK Registered Charity Number
> 1063519 http://www.alt.ac.uk/ ALT Conference, 9-11 September 2008,
> http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2008/
> --
> Our Email response policy can be found at:
> 	http://www.alt.ac.uk/contact.html#Email

The content is confidential to the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this email from your system and notify the sender. You can contact SEDA by telephone on + 44 (0) 20 7380 6767 or by facsimile + 44 (0) 20 7387 2655.

SEDA is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England (no. 3709481) and registered in England and Wales as a charity (no. 1089537).