Posted on behalf of Standard Life plc.

Vacancy for Records Management Consultant

You can apply online for this vacancy at www.standardlife-careers.com
quoting vacancy reference no: ADV332355DA7.

If you have any questions about the job itself, please email your contact
telephone number to me at [log in to unmask] and I’ll call
you back as soon as I can.

CLOSING DATE:		Friday 7 March 2008
LOCATION:		Edinburgh
DIVISION & DEPARTMENT:	Group Operations, Group Information Security
REPORTS TO:		Group Information Security Manager
SALARY INFORMATION:	CIRCA £25K – 32K depending on qualifications and
experience
HOURS:			35 hours per week

BENEFITS:
•	Contractual Bonus
•	GPP Pension 9%
•	4 x Death in Service
•	Non contributory Private Healthcare (Standard Life Healthcare)
•	31 days of annual leave (plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day, 1st
January and ½ day on Christmas Eve)
•	Tax efficient flexible benefits

BACKGROUND
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Governance Team
within the Group Information Security (GIS) Department in the Group
Corporate Centre. This highly dynamic centre of excellence is expanding to
help Standard Life meet the challenges of managing our information risks,
implementing a robust recordkeeping framework and meeting our regulatory
requirements. The team is responsible for promotion, oversight, monitoring
and challenge of group-wide GIS and Records Management policy compliance.

This role involves conducting risks assessments, measuring and reporting
on policy compliance, leading or contributing to projects and advising on
effective and efficient records retention and secure disposal solutions.
You will provide consultancy and make practical recommendations for the
management of records and information across the Standard Life group.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• You will identify and act on records management issues to ensure
Standard Life’s exposure to operational risk is reduced to deliver savings
and improvements to efficiency.
• You will provide consultancy to managers and staff across Standard Life
group on best practice records management, both electronic and all other
record types.
• Analyse and assess areas of the business to ensure correct records
management controls are in place.
• You will continuously develop and maintain your existing knowledge of
records management and ensure we follow current industry practises and
mandatory legislative and regulatory obligations.
• Being passionate, enthusiastic and creative in your approach to helping
people understand the importance of applying sound record keeping
practises.
• You will implement the Group Records Management Policy by adopting a
strategic approach whilst at the same time paying attention to relevant
details.

TECHNICAL CRITERIA REQUIRED

Essential
• Sound and relevant proven track record of working in a records
management environment
• Excellent PC skills (MS Office, Lotus Notes email and databases) and
knowledge of IT systems.

Desirable
• Degree in Records Management or related Information Management topic or
equivalent professional qualification
• Experience of working in financial services or other regulated
environment
• Ability to understand company processes, at sufficient level to make a
judgement on relevance to records related risks
• Project Management experience.