much less elemental but I thought it had some connections with your
elemental list and Max Richard's Percy' work from today's The Writer's
Almanac:

*Poem:* : "In the Basket Marty Brought to the Hospital After the Cesarean"
by Thorpe Moeckel, from *Odd Botany*. (c) Silverfish Review Press, 2002.
Reprinted with permission. (buy
now<mhtml:{F3087831-6CF4-4A83-9D78-E3470A579701}mid://00000049/!x-usc:http://www.elabs7.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=fj6,8amo,dv,a9od,mdh,3hrs,fxvj>)

*In the Basket Marty Brought to the Hospital After the Cesarean*

Asparagus-pasta cobbler; raspberry bread; fresh
baked whole wheat bread; collages

young Molly did
on construction paper — de Kooning-esque —

with catalog clippings, great swirlies
of magic

marker, & filaments of glitter-laced glue;
Parmesan-mushroom wild rice;

boxed pear juice, boxed mixed fruit juice;
soy milk; mangoes; cold

cucumber-yogurt soup; fresh strawberries;
cut lilac; blackberry tea;

a hand-turned ceramic vase; a doll
sewn of scrap fabric, of stuffed athletic sock;

and a bouquet of herbs: fresh
mint, fresh rosemary, freshest sage.

--
Anny Ballardini