In that regard, remember the reaction Stockhausen received with his
interpretation of 9/11 as a large-scale work of site-specific performance
art.

Perhaps someone who lives(d) in Arizona can enlighten us re John McCain's
stance towards art.  I heard James Turrell talk about his work, and I
didn't get the impression that his large-scale, site-specific sculptural
installation Roden Crater, located outside Flagstaff Arizona, was being
blocked by the state of Arizona.  Maybe delayed by compliance to assorted
codes on occasion, but Turrell in fact was proud of his compliance with the
national regulations mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Barry Alpert