From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of andrew burke
Sent: 25 February 2008 09:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sonnet: Your Lips Soft as Lard

At 60+, I tried learning Japanese with my 20+ daughter - she bounded ahead,
with other young ones, while a copuple of us seniors wilted and retired,
hurt.

In China I learnt a little Mandarin, simply because I was there and had to.
It is rapidly disappearing ...

That's why I urge Kasper to learn while he is young - it is just so much
easier then!

Andrew