US senators don't have anything to do with the state laws governing such
things, even in their home states, I think. Insofar as McCain has any
aesthetic sensibilities, I suspect they run to the sentimental and
patriotic. It would be interesting in this regard to know what sort of art,
if any, hangs on the walls of his senate office. From the few opportunities
I've had to observe (interview backgrounds, etc.) most senators from the
west seem to have Frederick Remington paintings and sculptures of cowboys.
Perhaps McCain has a picture of the A-4 Skyhawk from which he dropped bombs
on civilians in Vietnam.

jd

--
Joseph Duemer