From: Plagiarism on behalf of Paul Davis
Sent: Wed 27/02/2008 16:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Interesting Turnitin problem

The Turnitin conditions which students sign up to state:
"Personal and noncommercial use limitation
This web site is for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not
modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish,
license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information,
software, products or services obtained from this web site. A user may not
market, rent, lease, or re-license the licensed programs or services, or use
the licensed programs or services for third party commercial use, commercial
timesharing, or service bureau use."

I'd say that was fairly specific that they cannot submit other people's
work.  This isn't a free service - its licence is paid for by an
institution!
Paul

Dr Paul V Davis
Acting Head, Learning Technologies Group
Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN
Tel: 01865 283414

2008 e-learning conferences: