From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Bennett, Elizabeth (DECWL - Cymal)
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:41 AM
Subject: Museums and Galleries Month 2008

Museums and Galleries Month 2008

Plans for MGM 2008 are now well underway and we are looking forward to hearing your ideas for special events and exhibitions to hold at your museum during the month.

What Wales has done for the World’
What Wales has done for the World’ is the strapline for this year’s Museums and Galleries Month in Wales. We will be tailoring PR activity around this theme to celebrate the innovators and ideas from Wales that have made a difference to the world. The strapline may help you when you’re thinking about ideas and planning your events.  Remember, even the smallest innovation, idea or event that took place in Wales is relevant, you don’t have to focus on the more well-known ideas and innovations. Some examples of ‘What Wales has done for the World’ include:

Trevithick’s pioneering locomotive - Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Marconi’s first radio broadcast across water - near Penarth, South Wales
John Frost - Chartist/democracy campaigner - Newport, South Wales
Dylan Thomas - poet - Swansea, South Wales
Robert Owen - social reformer - Newtown, Mid Wales
Kyffin Williams - artist - Anglesey, North Wales
Aneurin Bevan - architect of the NHS - Tredegar, South Wales
Bill Frost - carpenter who pioneered the aeroplane in 1894 - Tenby, West Wales
Issac Roberts - astronomer and astrophysicist - Denbigh, North Wales
Robert Recorde - inventor of the equals sign (=) - Tenby, West Wales

Is your local hero missing from the list? If there's a Welsh inventor or innovator you'd like tell us about email [log in to unmask]

Ideas for MGM 2008 events
We’ve put our thinking caps on and have compiled a list of ideas to help you plan your 2008 MGM events. We’re sure you’ll have some interesting ideas of your own so please tell us about them, so that we can share them with other museums in the next bulletin

Don’t forget, the CyMAL small grants scheme will open in April.
Remember, ideas and innovation is a broad theme that can be applied to many different types of events so be brave and plan something different and unusual for MGM 2008!

Please keep us and Working Word PR informed about all of your events by contacting Caroline Holmes on 02920 488778 or by emailing [log in to unmask]

---
Elizabeth Bennett

Swyddog Cyngor a Chefnogaeth - Advice and Support Officer

CyMAL: Amgueddfeydd, Archifau a Llyfrgelloedd Cymru - CyMAL: Museums, Archives and Libraries Wales
Llywodraeth Cynulliad Cymru - Welsh Assembly Government

Uned 10, Parc Gwyddoniaeth, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3AH.
Unit 10, Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3AH.
Ffon/Tel: 01970 610235
Ffacs/Fax: 01970 610223
Rhif GTN/GTN No: 7 2846 0235
e-bost/e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

Cafodd fersiwn gwreiddiol y neges e-bost hon ei sganio gan wasanaeth gwrthfeirysau Mewnrwyd Ddiogel y Llywodraeth (GSI) a ddarparwyd gan Cable&Wireless mewn partneriaeth â MessageLabs. (Rhif Tystysgrif CCTM 2006/04/0007). Wrth adael y GSI nid oedd unrhyw feirws yn gysylltiedig â’r neges hon.
Mae’n ddigon posibl y bydd unrhyw ohebiaeth drwy’r GSI yn cael ei logio, ei monitro a/neu ei chofnodi yn awtomatig am resymau cyfreithiol.