-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health
research. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Victoria Vivilaki
Sent: Tuesday, 19 February 2008 1:53 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Life Event Scales and Postnatal Depression

	Dear All,

	Stressful life events are associated with the onset of postnatal
depression. I would appreciate if someone is aware of a stressful life
event scale, especially one that is about stressful events that may
occur during pregnancy or postnatally. These events may be relevant with
the postnatal depression (bad relationship with the partner) or
irrelevant ones (death of relative). I was told that a useful life event
scale for the perinatal period is the Paul Ramsey Scale (I had no luck
in finding it). Does anybody know about this Life Event Scale or any
other? Does anybody use a life event scale in clinical practice? I would
be grateful if anyone could help me.

	I would like to translate and maybe validate a Life Event scale
in Greek language for research reasons.

	Thank you in advance for your precious help.

	With regards,
	Victoria

	Vivilaki Victoria RM PgCert MMedSc PhDc
	Community midwife
	Spili Health Center , Greek NHS
	Mobile: 0030 6945159535
	Land line: 0030 2831041168
	Home Address: Kastellos 66, Rethymno 74100, Crete , Greece

  _____

	Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo!
for Good
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailuk/taglines/isp/control/*http://us.rd.yahoo.
com/evt=51947/*http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/>