I want to keep everyone up to date with progress on our second life
adventure.

There does seem to be a bit of interest in this which I think is quite
exciting. I was thinking about arranging our meeting for the weekend of
the 23rd or 24th of February. I will be meeting with my mentor a few
times before then to try to get a bit more skilled with second life
before the meeting. My mentor Arwenna (Clare) has agreed to come to the
meeting with me to help out if there are any problems. I expect one or
two of the facilitators of the flexible learning course I have been
involved with will come also. If you want to join us you will need to
register with second life, it doesn't cost you anything (except time of
course, which is the most precious commodity of all). We need to decide
on an itinerary for the meeting. I was thinking perhaps meet in a
conference area and look at those possibilities, then go to a couple of
existing virtual teaching spaces for midwives, if I can find them, I
have already heard of one in Coventry are there any more out there?
I welcome any suggestions. Could you also please indicate if the time I
have suggested will be OK? I know I will not be able to please everyone
with this time but hope that a few at least can make it. If it is a real
problem for you let me know and I will see what I can do.

This is the link to the page where you register for second life
http://secondlife.com/  I have put a couple of videos on my blog which
explain
what to do, how to register and what you need to do after registering.
Worth checking out if you are new to this,
http://mymidiblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/want-to-join-me-in-second-life.ht
ml  . Once you have registered and have a second life name can you
please email it to me, either here or to my email [log in to unmask] I
can then send you an offer of friendship in second life which means we
can meet up. My second life name is Dacary Dumpling and my colleague
Sarah Stewart's second life name is Petal Stransky.

Perhaps we can establish a group of midwives in second life and can
carry on with these meetings over time. As Soo stated there is the
possibility of having online conferences in second life, there are
interesting possibilities which would reduce the need to travel and
perhaps might also allow better use of time in the long run.

Thanks for your interest. I will continue to keep you posted.
Cheers
Carolyn