As a contributor has dropped out, we are looking for a third paper for a
session at Leeds this summer on holy wells and the natural landscape.
The session is on the afternoon of Wednesday 9 July and is chaired by
Graham Jones. I am offering a paper on natural imagery in descriptions
of the holy well and pilgrimage route at Penrhys in the Rhondda: Jeremy
Harte is presenting a paper on dragons and well cults.

Maddy Gray

Dr Madeleine Gray, in the foothills of God's golden county of Gwent

Senior Lecturer in History

School of Education/Ysgol Addysg

University of Wales, Newport/Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd

Caerleon Campus/Campws Caerllion, PO /Blwch Post 179

Newport/Casnewydd  NP18 3YG, Wales/Cymru

 Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675

'I ask you for help. And all you give me is ...papers!'
(Magda in Gian Carlo Menotti's The Consul)

History at University of Wales, Newport: http://timezone.newport.ac.uk
Gwent County History Association website:
http://gwent-county-history-association.newport.ac.uk
Cistercian Way: http://cistercian-way.newport.ac.uk