Fellowship Opportunity
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/jobs/QM352/Research_Fellow/

Research Fellow
The societal implications of the Internet and related information and
communications technologies
Oxford Internet Institute

Grade 7: Salary £26,666 – £32,796 p.a.

We are seeking two Research Fellows to join our multidisciplinary team
undertaking research into the societal implications of the Internet
and related information and communications technologies. These
Fellowships offer postdoctoral researchers of outstanding promise an
opportunity to pursue advanced study within this field.

Our preference is for candidates with a strong methodological
background in one of the following disciplines: computer science,
economics, law, political science or sociology; and with an interest
in an area of research which will complement one of the Institute's
current research areas. These concern the role of the Internet and
ICTs in: everyday life and work; government and democracy; research
and learning; shaping the Internet; and issues of theory and policy
that cut across these settings. Applications from those with a track
record of multi-disciplinary research on the societal implications of
the Internet and/or related policy issues who have doctorates in other
relevant disciplines will also be welcomed.

Based in the heart of Oxford, the posts are available from October
2008 for two years in the first instance with the possibility of
renewal thereafter.

Further information, including details of how to apply, may be
obtained from Laura Taylor, Academic and Student Affairs Officer,
Oxford Internet Institute, 1 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3JS (tel: 01865
287222; e-mail: [log in to unmask]) or from our website:
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk. Applications must reach the Institute by
12:00 noon on Thursday 6 March 2008. It is expected that interviews
will be held on Wednesday 19 March.

--
Iain Robert Smith
Institute of Film and Television