-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic standards in UK libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Tough
Sent: 05 February 2008 11:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Title change/Journal becoming electronic only

Hi

At the Natural History Museum - when a journal changes title we create a
new record for the new title, but use the MARC fields 780 (former title)
& 785 (continued title)to link the different titles. If it changes to
electronic only then the new record reflects this and we would probably
add a note on the old record that the new title became electronic on
such and such a date.
If the title didn't change, just the format, then we would put a note in
the record along the lines of "From 1996 only available online"

Diane