***Apologies for cross-posting***

Career Development Group (West Midlands)

*** Informal Networking Event: Meet the CDG President ***
*** Thursday 21st February 2008, 6pm ***

CDG WM are hosting an informal seminar/networking event with Rowena Macrae-
Gibson, the current CDG President.  As well as a talk by Rowena, there
will be pleny of opportunity to chat to others from the WM area and the
CDG WM committee.

Rowena is currently a Liaison Librarian at London School of Economics
Library, after working in academic liaison roles at Brunel University and
Exeter University Libraries. At LSE she is day-to-day manager of the
Library Information Desk, and takes the lead on bibliographic software.
Rowena's work interests include staff development and information
literacy; she has been involved with CDG for over 10 years and has found
committee work great for gaining experience and personal development as
well as meeting people and having fun.

Everyone is welcome, but this event should be particularly useful for
Certification, Chartership and Revalidation candidates, as well as those
considering taking any of the CILIP qualifications, or committee
involvement.  We are particularly keen to see solo librarians.

Venue: The Boardroom in Bennett's, Bennett's Hill, Birmingham, B2 5RS; 5-
10 mins walk from New Street Station.
Map:  http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|B2%205RS#t=l&map=52.47989,-
1.90067|16|4&loc=GB:52.47989:-1.90067:16