Catherine, Beverley,

We use the ‘VEN NOTE’ field to transmit our required shelf mark (if necessary) and for each location of a multi order. We put the number of copies in brackets after each separate location. Not ideal I know but seems to work fine with all vendors.

Regards,

Simon

From: This list is for current and potential users of the Innopac system [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hughes, Beverley
Sent: 19 February 2008 12:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Edifact question re multi location

Catherine, we send separate orders for each location with EDI orders, as we found our suppliers weren’t getting the correct information, and didn’t have time to explore it fully…

If you do hear of a work round, I’d be interested if you could pass it on,

Beverley

Beverley Hughes
Head of Acquisitions and Metadata Support
Collections and Research Support,
Academic Services
Main Library
University of Exeter
Stocker Road
Exeter
EX4 4PT
UK

t 01392 263864
f 01392 263871
e [log in to unmask]
Times Higher University of the Year 2007-08