Thanks for this Michael.  Seems to me that this problem can be easily solved on the UK federation side by asking the UK federation to publish information about WAYFless URLs where possible.  There will of course be issues with this - the IdP will still need to be able to add its own SSO location and it will be dependent on information at the SP side not changing - but I think it is definitely something we can look in to.  We can definitely ensure that more information is provided.

Many thanks

Nicole

Michael White wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Just a quick public thank you to all of you who replied (either directly or via the list).

There does seem to be a consensus that information on linking to both Shibboleth and Gateway resources (especially if you want to do it in creative ways) is either very patchy or hard to find . . . ? Simon McLeish's Wiki page on the subject looks like a very useful resource though (https://gabriel.lse.ac.uk/twiki/bin/view/Projects/WayfLess) - thanks Simon!

All of the pointers and suggestions I received were very helpful. I've got plenty of food for thought now and look forward to trying some of this out . . .

Thanks again,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer