	-----Original Message-----
	From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dingwall, Lucie
	Sent: 19 February 2008 15:49
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: Data Protection Act (again ?)

	Hi David

	We have had some similar issues in Herefordshire, and I am of
the same position as you, that if a report is deposited with the SMR
then it is in the public domain and therefore should be able to be
published on the web. However, there are some grey areas (excuse the pun
!) that we have come across, as a result of which I am currently unable
to put some of our reports on-line. We are in the process of
establishing procedures both for web-publishing of reports that we
receive from now on, and for reports that we already hold. We are
thinking along the lines of specifying web-publishing of resulting
reports in the planning brief, establishing a timescale beyond which it
is considered reasonable that all reports should be published on the web
(e.g. one year from deposition) etc. However, we are still in the early
stages of this and would be interested to find out what others are
doing. Some of the issues include:
	-what to do about reports produced as a result of pre-planning
enquiry work
	-what would the impact be for some of our in-house projects
where landowners are not obliged to grant access, if we insist that the
landowner has to agree to information about their landholdings being
published on the web
	I would be happy to discuss this off-list with you if it would
be helpful.

	Julia, I would like a copy of your pro-forma license agreement
if possible.

	Many thanks

	Lucie

	Lucie Dingwall
	SMR Officer
	Herefordshire Archaeology
	Planning Services
	Herefordshire Council
	PO Box 144
	HEREFORD
	HR1 2YH

	Tel: 01432 260130
	E-mail: [log in to unmask]
	Web: www.smr.herefordshire.gov.uk

	Any opinion expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are
those of the individual and not necessarily those of Herefordshire
Council.

	This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the addressee. This communication may contain
material protected by law from being passed on. If you are not the
intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are
advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of
it.